As a church we think it is important to be involved in one of our small groups. In small groups we are able to live in a tight knit community with others to help each other grow in our walk with Christ. Because small groups are important and can be a real catalyst for growth it is important for the glory of God and for the joy of the entire group to be the best attenders that we can be. Below is a list of 10 things to set your heart toward as you participate in a small group!
- Come on time and be sensitive about when to leave
- Help with food and even offer to bring the main dish
- Help clean up before you leave
- Pray for the small group leader and family
- Seek to get to know everyone in your group
- Help care for children that might be present
- Be committed to coming every time the group meets
- Find ways to encourage the leader/host
- Be involved in discussion while also letting others be involved
- Humbly seek to use your time, treasures, and talents to serve the group
What other things would you add to this list?