Red Village Church

Community

The New Year and Bible Reading

(this is basically a re-post from August with an updated reading plan) Private and corporate Bible study tends to orbit around the familiar and perspicuous (I had to look it up after I heard folks talk about “the perspicuity of Scripture”). In order to know and love “the whole counsel of God,” it is important […]

The New Year and Bible Reading Read More »

It is Bigger than You

In many cultures it is admirable and highly looked upon when one leaves some kind of inheritance to the generation who proceeds them. Often we have heard people say that they want to make sure their children or grandchildren have the things in life that they did not. As believers I do not think we

It is Bigger than You Read More »

The Gift of Friendship

Kevin DeYoung, a pastor in East Lansing, MI, posted a great series a few weeks back called “The Gift of Friendship”. It’s been converted into a short pdf. It’s an appropriate article leading up to the (re-)launch of small groups this week. Kevin is the author or co-author of some great books, including Just Do

The Gift of Friendship Read More »

Peaking with the Puritans

We’ve been trying something this year called “Peaking with the Puritans.” As we said when we started this, most people think of the Puritans as a dour lot, spending their time burning witches and stitching scarlet letters. These days historical conventional wisdom is no more accurate than a game of telephone in a knitting circle.

Peaking with the Puritans Read More »